Resourcing Solutions is a team of specialist recruitment advisers who can provide services such as recruitment advice and support, recruitment campaigns and advertising, provision of testing and assessment to accompany interview, managing agency staff contracts and sourcing and dedicated careers workshops or guidance to support staff at risk of redundancy.
Our team is very experienced and delivers a professional service, we have a proven track record of recruiting to a wide variety of roles at all levels across a diverse nature of services including head teacher and teacher recruitment, leadership roles and ‘hard to fill’ vacancies. We also have significant experience of recruiting to apprenticeship roles in schools such as teaching assistants, laboratory technicians and administrators.
Due to our wealth of experience and knowledge, we can provide you with specialist advice on a wide range of recruitment matters.
Our supportive and responsive team is accessible via email, telephone or face to face when required, and we offer the best value for money by accessing North Yorkshire County Council’s preferential rate for advertising / agency contracts.
Reduce the burden and time factor by allowing others to work on your behalf, with the option to use ‘as and when required’, and no obligation to use us each time.
We can provide guidance at every stage of the recruitment journey or support you with just one aspect. Our dedicated recruitment advisers can tailor services to suit the challenges and the unique opportunities of your school.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive head teacher recruitment service; supporting the governing body to co-ordinate and manage the process to recruit a new head teacher. Effective vacancy advertising to attract the widest pool of talent, managing the shortlisting, interview and assessment process to ensure compliance with policy and selecting the individual who has the right skills and competencies to successfully lead the school forward.
- Advertising advice and media recommendations for leadership, difficult to fill or multiple positions including provision of social media advertising and / or dedicated web campaign sites. Support writing candidate focussed adverts.
- Redeployment and career support; provision of specialist advice, guidance and support for people facing redundancy, redeployment and career changes through workshops or one to one support.
- Apprenticeship recruitment - provision of advice, guidance and support through the recruitment process including targeted advertising.
- Agency supply services; we work with an external organisation to ensure best quality candidates are sourced on preferential terms. As an impartial party we can negotiate rates and terms with your agents on your behalf to ensure you receive the best offers and avoid paying unnecessary costs.
- Testing and assessment services; our assessors are qualified to the British Institute of Psychology standards and are available to plan and deliver assessments which may be used as part of interview processes, restructures or for personal development.
A national shortage of head teachers is making recruitment to this vital role increasingly difficult. On average 33 per cent of all head teacher vacancies were unfilled after the first time of recruiting in 2015*. Challenging recruitment can be an incredibly demanding and time consuming task, especially when school governors are volunteering precious time in appointing a head teacher.
Whether you could do with support every step of the way, or just to help get the ball rolling, we understand the needs of each school varies and can tailor our services to suit your needs. We have dedicated recruitment specialists with vast knowledge and experience, available as your one point of contact throughout the process. Our aim is to significantly reduce the demand on your time, and most importantly, increase the chances of a successful first time appointment.
*Reported by the Times Educational Supplement 2015-16 Q3.
As the largest employer in North Yorkshire with a diverse range of jobs at all levels, North Yorkshire County Council's Resourcing Solutions Team is acutely aware of the local labour market and how it influences recruitment to roles in the Council and our partners.
Our team of expert advisers includes qualified occupational assessors including those qualified to deliver Morrisby Profile - the internationally recognised, objective and interactive online career guidance tool which can navigate students through the difficult process of choosing subject options, careers and the various educational pathways available based on their own preferences.
We can support your school to deliver comprehensive, impartial and high quality CEIAG with your students in line with the Gatsby benchmarks. This can include student group sessions to raise awareness of the local labour market (LMI) and career pathways available in North Yorkshire, support with job applications and CVs and mock interviews.
We can also deliver sessions for teachers to raise awareness of local careers and how they can integrate this into the curriculum for their subject area.